The simplest way to update your inventory is by "moving" items from one folder to another. Instead of adding and subtracting items in your list (which is also possible), we recommend you move single or groups of items between folders to reflect their movement in the real world.
This way you can see what you have in stock, what you have given out (or sold) and see who has it.
See video below:
Below is a simple example (with screenshots) to demonstrate how it works:-
1. Start by creating folders called "Warehouse" and "Rented Out" (or "Sold" if you are selling items).
2. When an items are rented (or sold), all you need to do select the relevant items and "move" them to the "Rented out" (or sold out) folder. You can move one item at a time or several together using the move () button. This can be done on the app or desktop. See some app screenshots below.
3. If you want to track items being rented out (or sold) to specific customers or places you can create sub-folders for each of those within the rented out (or sold) folder and "move" items into the appropriate folder. See examples of sub-folders below.
4. If you want to track and move items using QR codes or Barcodes you can do so using the "quick scan and move" button on the iPhone or iPad app.
It works similar to a check-out scanner at the grocery (but with a little more flexibility). Learn more about the "quick scan and move" feature here.
5. To update returning items, you can use the same process to move them back from the rented out folder to your warehouse inventory folder.